Chief Building Official
Douglas County is accepting applications for a Chief Building Official within the Zoning and Codes Department. The Chief Building Official enforces the Building Code, working with contractors and landowners to meet requirements.
The primary functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Directing, managing, supervising, and coordinating the activities and operations of the building codes division; Building inspection and enforcement of Federal and State laws, codes, and local ordinances dealing with the construction of new buildings and the alteration, use, and ongoing safety of existing buildings;
- Coordinating assigned activities with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies.
- Providing final interpretation of building code requirements;
- Participating in the development and amendment of codes and regulations as directed.
This position requires excellent leadership, interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills as well as the Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public, other employees, planning and zoning boards, board of construction and zoning appeals and the Board of County Commissioners.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and six to ten years experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education through accredited certifications is desired.
Starting salary is $66,913/yr, DOQ, with excellent benefits that include:
- HEALTH/DENTAL/VISION/LIFE INSURANCE: Various dependent coverage levels available, discounted fitness club memberships, other voluntary benefits.
- PAID TIME OFF: 14 Vacation days, 15 Sick days accrued per year; 1 day Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- RETIREMENT: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS), Optional 457 Deferred Compensation Plans available.
For a copy of the full position description, please email [email protected].
Submit application and resume online at www.douglascountyks.org/employment by 5pm on Friday June 17, 2022. EOE
Starting Salary and Benefits: $66,913/yr, DOQ
Application Deadline: Friday, 06/17/2022 at 5:00 p.m.